Join Shannons at the CAMS CARnival!
Shannons will stage Australia’s first truly national Show & Shine over the NSW Labor Day long weekend from 1-4 October 2010, with more than 2,000 vehicles of all makes and ages expected to converge on Echuca-Moama on the New South Wales-Victorian border.
CARnival, which is being organised by CAMS, will be the largest national car club gathering ever staged in Australia. It is fully supported by the local Shires and will become an annual festival celebrating our enjoyment of all types of motor vehicles.
The Shannons CARnival Show & Shine, staged on the grassy banks of the Murray River, will be the centrepiece and visual highlight of the CARnival Motoring and Motorsport Festival, which has been designed to appeal to all members of all CAMS and invited car clubs – irrespective of whether their interest lies in passive or competitive motoring activities.
Shannons CARnival Cavalcades from eight major regional centres in Victoria and New South Wales will bring enthusiasts to the event in co-ordinated fun-runs.
The unique CARnival format will allow clubs to select from a broad menu to tailor their own ‘National’ meeting from a range of static and active events.
All vehicles will participate in the huge Shannons display, where they will be grouped by Clubs, make and model.
Arriving on Friday October 1, participants will also be able to take part in a wide range of events, from ‘Fun-khanas’ involving the whole family, to more competitive Motorkhanas on sealed and unsealed surfaces, an airfield Speed Event and Standing 400 metre Sprint, two Auto Tests, a multi-stage gravel RallySprint and a twilight navigation touring event on local roads.
Another crowd-pleasing feature of CARnival will be the Shannons Superstars, giving the public the opportunity to see the cars and meet and greet the drivers from a number of major V8 Supercar and Touring Car Masters’ teams as they ‘pit stop’ in Echuca-Moama on their way to the Bathurst 1000 the following weekend.
CARnival is being organised for CAMS by Motor Sport Concepts – an experienced motoring event management team consisting of Michael Browning, Tom Snooks, Bob Watson, Philip Bernadou and Phil Rainer.
1. More than 2,000 cars of all makes and models are expected in the Shannons Show & Shine on the banks of the Murray River as a highlight of the CAMS CARnival Motoring Festival to be staged at Echuca-Moama over the 1-4 October 2010 ‘long’ weekend.
2. Leading Bathurst drivers including seven-time ‘Great Race’ winner Jim Richards will ‘pit stop’ in Echuca-Moama over the 1-4 October 2010 weekend on their way to Mt.Panorama to meet and greet fans in the ‘Shannons Superstars’ at CARnival – Australia’s first national gathering for motoring enthusiasts.
3. Jim Richards’ spectacular Shannons Falcon Sprint.
4. Members of up to 400 car clubs will take part in Australia’s first car club national meeting – CARnival – staged in Echuca-Moama over the 1-4 October 2010 (New South Wales) long weekend.
5. The CAMS CARnival staged in Echuca-Moama over the 1-4 October 2010 weekend will be Australia’s first national car club event, combining static displays and club-level competitive events.