First Time Out: Lotus debuts Ford DFV at Dutch Grand Prix 1967
Here is a great short film produced by Ford called First Time Out.
Formula One legends Graham Hill and Jim Clark debut their 410 horsepower Ford DFV powered Lotus 49′s at the fabulous Zandvoort circuit.
Hill was on pole while Jim Clark stormed home to victory.
Who could have imagined at the time that the engine would go on to achieve legendary status powering 12 Formula One Champions to glory?
- 1968 Graham Hill (Team Lotus)
- 1969 Jackie Stewart (Matra)
- 1970 Jochen Rindt (Team Lotus)
- 1971 Jackie Stewart (Tyrrell)
- 1972 Emerson Fittipaldi (Team Lotus)
- 1973 Jackie Stewart (Tyrrell)
- 1974 Emerson Fittipaldi (McLaren)
- 1976 James Hunt (McLaren)
- 1978 Mario Andretti (Team Lotus)
- 1980 Alan Jones (Williams)
- 1981 Nelson Piquet (Brabham)
- 1982 Keke Rosberg (Williams)