$275 000 book: The Official Ferrari Opus
Ferrari has come up with a $275,000 book, The Official Ferrari Opus, which is being termed as the most lavish and most valuable historical reference the Italian sports car manufacturer has ever produced.
The most extravagant version of the limited edition book, the Enzo Diamante edition, weighs 37kg and has 852 pages containing 200,000 words and over 2000 images. It comes in a handcrafted red-leather cover embossed with a prancing horse logo comprising 30 rare white diamonds. Offering an exceptional insight into the magic of Ferrari, the book features details of every Ferrari road car and racing car ever built, as well as exclusive interviews and profiles of every driver who has raced for the team.
Among the highlights are:
- Gatefold pictures that open out to two metres long
- Picture collages created by Piero Ferrari’s father
- Personal insights into Enzo Ferrari and Luca di Montezemolo
- Details of every car Ferrari has ever produced
- A stage-by-stage tour of the ‘Maranello dream factory’
- An investigation into the Ferrari X-factor
For those who can’t afford the Enzo Diamante edition, they also have three other editions – the 34,925 dollar Enzo, the 6,545 dollar Cavallino Rampante and the 3,520 dollar Classic.
The first copy of The Official Ferrari Opus will travel the world to be signed by motoring and motorsport legends. The books tour started in Melbourne and will follow the Grand Prix circuit before being auctioned in Maranello, with all proceeds going to charity.